Business owners and management pride themselves on knowing everything about their respective companies. If this is true, can you honestly answer these questions?
True or False
I know everything going on in the organization without having to be there.
When I go on vacation, the business will go on without me.
I do not have to go to meetings to feel "in the loop".
Part of being a great manager of people is the ability to give employees the tools to do their jobs, then let them do it. But what if you need to "checkup" on your employees?
The technology has advanced so much in recent years, executives can run their business from anywhere...at home, on the road or even on vacation!
Examples of simple, 1-2 day projects to increase productivity within your workforce.
Simple Projects to Increase Productivity
Install a web monitoring application
Consolidate all email, contact lists, and scheduling
Centralize all documentation and setup file permissions
Setup a centralized Customer Relationship Management program
Configure remote file access
Install a Voice Over IP solution, lowering telephone costs
Any one of these fairly simple projects can result in a huge Return on Investment.
One of our customers was interested to find out what his employees were doing on the company computers.
After installing our solution, he was able to see exactly:
- Which employees are spending the most time surfing web sites?
- Who is spending time on shopping sites, sports sites or adult sites?
- Which employees chat or use anonymous email services like Hotmail and Gmail?
- Who is sending the most emails with attachments?
- Which employees may be leaking company confidential information via removable media like flash drives, CDs and DVDs?
- Which employees are printing sensitive documents?
- Who is arriving to work late and leaving early? Who takes long lunch breaks?
- What are my employees searching for on Google, Yahoo and MSN
More importantly, our customer was able to identify:
- Which employees needed more help doing their job?
- What process the employees use to complete their job? Can it be done better?
- What job duties take up the most time of an employees work day?
After he analyzed the data, our customer was able to:
- Identify what job duties could be streamlined using technology.
- Identify what job duties should be reassigned to another employee.
- Conclude a retiring employees position should not be filled.
- Enforce Internet Acceptable Use Policy and eliminate another position.
Since this project, our customer estimates he has saved approximately $58,120 yearly in direct compensation savings alone.
This does not factor in the increased productivity of the other employees involved!
This is just one example of how using technology and being open to change can result in huge Return on Investment and result in increasing productivity.
Interested in making your business more profitable without increasing costs? Contact US today!